Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
Soft-baked homemade Peanut Butter Protein Cookies. Low in carbs, about 95 calories, and 7 grams of protein each! This chewy PB cookie is a gluten free recipe made with vanilla whey protein. Stop wasting money on store bought protein cookies and make this easy recipe instead!
Makes: 12 cookies
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (36 grams) NFP Complete Protein Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla. Mix until ingredients are well blended. Sprinkle the baking soda over the top. With a rubber spatula, work in the protein powder and coconut flour until all ingredients are incorporated. The mixture will appear dry, however it will come together as you stir.
- At this point, evaluate your cookie dough, as the amount of moisture may vary based on your ingredients. For firmer dough, add a bit more protein powder. If you want your dough less firm, sprinkle the batter with a bit of milk and fold in until the dough is thoroughly mixed.
- With a spoon, portion the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls and drop onto your prepared baking sheet (you will have 12 to 14 cookies total). With your fingers, gently flatten the tops of the cookies, as they will not spread but will puff up during baking. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until the edges are barely golden brown and dry to the touch but the middles seem fairly doughy. Don't bake too long! Place the cookie sheet on a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet prior transferring them directly to the wire rack.