A note from the NFP Gear Team:
At NFP Gear, we are dedicated to the products and the movement, which is why we select nothing but the most thoroughly researched, highest quality and best ingredients for our sports supplements. Previously, we posted some of the secrets behind NFP’s IC Red pre workout http://www.nfpgear.com/article/ic-red-preworkout-supplement-improves-endurance-muscle-growth-energy-and-focus formula. Today, we are revealing the science behind two of our protein powder supplements.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND NFP's PROTEINS
Since your body does not store protein on its own, there is a delicate balance between protein synthesis (when your body is creating muscle tissue) and muscle catabolism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catabolism (when your body is breaking down muscle tissue). Strength-building exercises will only be effective if there is a positive muscle protein balance. The scale will tip in favor of increased muscle mass only when your body is properly fueled with protein.
The first 24-48 hours after weight training is critical for building muscle. Though building and maintaining muscle is essential for your health, your body’s main focus is obtaining enough energy to sustain the circulation, respiration and digestion processes. If your body does not have the necessary nutrients to fuel these vital functions, protein synthesis will halt until your body finds alternate fuel sources. Bottom line: if you are not fueling your body appropriately, you will not build muscle. Whether you are man or woman, your body could benefit from a protein supplement.
AMINO ACIDS ARE ESSENTIAL
Not all protein supplements are created equal. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. These amino acids are classified in two groups: essential and non-essential. The nine essential amino acids are categorized as such because our bodies cannot create them – they must be sourced from our nutritional sources. Non-essential amino acids can be created from other amino acids, but are still required for protein syntheses. If even one essential amino acid is missing from the mix, muscle cannot be built. Each of NFP’s protein powder supplements feature a full amino acid profile including 5000 mg of BCAA's. If your training regimen requires additional BCAA supplementation get additional support with Unbreakable BCAA's.
THE PROOF IS IN THE POWDER
Both NFP’s Complete Protein supplement and G5 Goliath Muscle Gainer are formulated with the highest quality ingredients to increase lean muscle, reduce muscle catabolism (breakdown) and increase energy and endurance. However, G5 Goliath Muscle Gainer is a protein supplement fortified with added ingredients that take this protein powder to the next level. First, we’ll break down the building blocks of NFP’s Complete Protein.
NFP’S COMPLETE PROTEIN
This protein supplement is composed of three different kinds of the best, high quality protein:
- Whey Protein Isolate: Compared to protein concentrate, whey protein isolate is absorbed by your body more quickly. This pure protein source provides your body with the protein and essential amino acids necessary to turn food into fuel and muscle.
- Whey Protein Concentrate is absorbed more slowly than whey protein isolate to ensure a constant influx of energy and muscle-building power. Protein like this also improves cardiovascular functions and boosts your immune system.
- Micellar Casein is a slowly digested protein, taking more than twice as long to be broken down into its amino acid subcomponents. This protein supplement building block ensures your body a steady flow of essential amino acids to support muscle growth over the long term.
NFP’S G5 GOLIATH MUSCLE GAINER PROTIEN COMPLEX
- Hydrolyzed Whey Protein is leaner and can be absorbed faster than almost any other type of protein. The lightening fast absorption kick starts muscle repair and recovery.
- Whey Protein Isolate: As in NFP’s complete protein powder, whey protein isolate contains the building blocks your body needs to build and maintain muscle.
- Waxy Maize: To ensure your body doesn’t begin breaking down your existing muscle to use as an energy source, G5 Goliath Mass Gainer contains the healthy complex carb, waxy maize. As a bonus, this easily digested carbohydrate gives you some of the best energy during your workout.
- Maltodextrin is a low-calorie complex carbohydrate to help maximize workout performance while maintaining glycogen levels to reduce catabolism.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT’s) are easily digested food sources that increase energy, decrease fat storage, and provide instant fuel to prevent the use of existing muscle as a food source.
While both of these great tasting protein powder supplements are scientifically formulated to increase lean muscle mass and prevent muscle loss, each has a unique place in an athlete’s supplement routine.